Bringing the heat to Winter – Gran Canaria Result!

Bringing the heat to Winter – Gran Canaria Result!

Very quick update.

I just pulled a Personal Best out of a situation that I thought might put me in hospital… But I smashed it good, even though it was just 2 days after the Dubai Marathon and I had to travel 18 hours to get here…

I finished at 3:18.10, a best by about 5 minutes.

Stoked. And dead tired. I’m going to bed now, will write the report tomorrow.

You’re all flamin champions!

TB

By |2010-02-05T22:38:15+00:00January 25th, 2010|Blog|11 Comments

About the Author:

11 Comments

1. northy January 25, 2010 at 11:11 am

awesome effort mate… glad to see it’s going well… keep it up!

2. AndyP January 25, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Holy shit! That’s a fantastic time to back up with. Well done.

3. Tappy January 25, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Crackin effort big fulla! Plenty more people tracking your progress every day. Keep it up mate!

BTW – The Rebellion supporter club will have plenty to cheer about in 2011 mate. Elsom, Robinson, Palu, Mortlock, Vatuvei (yep, that massive bloke on the wing for the Warriors), Mark Gasnier, Brook James and several otehr high profile players have all been linked to the Rebels already.

I’m having a crack at Run for the Kids in March mate… working up to your massive home-coming as my first marathon. Go you good thing!!!

Tappy.

4. Nat January 25, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Your cruising! Great effort. Some crazy running happening. Always an enjoyable read Tristan. With 5 marathons under your belt, what an amazing effort. I will be following your adventure to the end.
    Hey, it would be also cool to hear about how you pull up after a marathon. How are your quads/ hamstrings feeling? What are you doing for recovery (other than flying)? How does your body feel during recovery session? etc…….

You Rock
    Well done

5. brett homewood January 25, 2010 at 7:41 pm

awesome fella your a train.

6. Dave Nanfra January 25, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Those reading this need to understand how truly amazing it is to run a time like that and to run your fastest marathon ever while doing your 5th marathon in 5 weeks! Just fantastic.

7. Cherryann in Melbourne January 25, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Hey Tristan,
    Fantastic effort in Gran Canaria…Personal Best achieved!

You are running down your own personal highway like a speed train!

8. Oscar January 26, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Hi Tristan,

Yo can check and download the video of your start and arrival, as a present of the race. Do it in http://www.corriendovoy.com.

congratulations

9. David Hudson January 27, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Absolutly fantastic effort Tristan!

10. Alexis in London January 28, 2010 at 1:45 am

Yeeehaaa Running Man! Good to see you in London briefly between flights … glad one of our Osteopaths could help you out (or your adductors anyway!) … Tim Howard says hi and well done mate.

You have inspired a new tribe of runners in London… ha ha ha .. . see ya at one of the races … !

11. TBone January 30, 2010 at 7:59 am

Thanks for the support and for the feedback Nat. Hopefully this latest post gave a little more. Please let me know if you need more! Haha, I’ll try to keep telling the story the way people want to hear it. Cheers, TB